Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sickness and Health


I live in a Goshitel 고시텔 here in Hongdae and its not very clean.
Maybe that's how I caught the last cold.
I've had colds for the past 2 months since I got here.
And up till this week its been cold outside too.
I thought it would be exciting living in a 고시텔
but I'm done after this month.
So much hair in the drain.
A broom to brush it to the side so it doesn't get clogged.
There's been ramyeon on the floor beside the water cooler
for the past 3 days.
The steel banisters feel sticky.
Someone spit on the wood floor in the elevator.

This week was bad because of the fever and then my ears hurt so bad.
And I hated being here in this room
watching stupid sitcoms feeling lonely
and my phone broke.
Feeling bad for myself
and giving dirty looks to people on the street.

But!
The ears were hurting so much and I thought
Vinegar
Cinnamon
and I mixed them with hot water and put a cloth over my head to
smell the steam.
I poured a few drops of vinegar in my ears
and then put a couple of slices of garlic in there too.

Better.... getting better.
Cool and spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment